Sunday 22 November 2015

Strawberries & Pretty Bows using Stamp Decals

Hi Everyone,

Two weeks ago, me and my little family went to the Yarra Valley Strawberry Festival in Lilydale.  I love strawberries, especially in a smoothie or for breakfast on Yoghurt with Honey and Cinnamon, yum.  I came across this event through Facebook and it was actually more popular than what I was expecting.  It was so popular they ran out of Strawberries!


For this design I used a technique which I've never tried before.  I created my own stamp decals.  I've seen so many others do this, and I wanted to give it a go myself.  I'm glad I made more than what I needed because it didn't quite go to plan as I had hoped.  Let's just say it took me a couple goes before I had a result I thought was ok.  How do they make it look so easy on YouTube!?!?  it might take me a bit more practice, but it was definitely fun trying something new.


For this manicure I've used OPI Kiss Me On The Tulips.  On my ring finger I've got piCture pOlish Fairy Floss (there was plenty of that at the festival!).  For the stamp decal itself, it's from Pueen82, using Konad Black and my Squishy Stampers from UberChic.  I've filled in the strawberries with OPI Coca-Cola Red and the bows with Kiss Me On The Tulips.  Poshé Top Coat to seal it in and make is shine.

Hope you had a lovely weekend.  See you next time.





0 comments:

Post a Comment